ACTIVE TIME: 15 MIN. I COOK TIME: 14 HR. I SERVES: 6 – 8
- 7 lbs bone-in pork butt or shoulder
- 1 -2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 50/50 Apple cider vinegar and water mixture
- Butcher paper
- Bear Mountain Gourmet BBQ wood pellets
- Preheat smoker to 250°.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and spices.
- Lightly coat pork in olive oil and spice blend. Place on smoker and smoke for 4 hours at 250°.
- Pull the pork when the internal temperature reaches 145°.
- Generously spray a large piece of butcher paper with a 50/50 apple cider vinegar and water mixture. Tightly wrap the pork with the damp butcher paper and smoke for an additional 7 hours or until pork reaches 195°.
- Let rest for 2 – 4 hours in a disposable styrofoam cooler before shredding. Serve on your favorite toasted buns or on a barbecue meat plate.