ACTIVE TIME: 15 MIN. I COOK TIME: 4 – 6 HR. I SERVES: 6 – 8
- ~ 3 cups of pinto beans, drained*
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup pulled pork
*If using dry beans:
- 2 1/2 cups of dried pinto beans
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 6 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- If using dry beans: Start by adding the dried pinto beans, water, butter and bay leaves to a pressure cooker and cook on manual for 35 minutes. Once done, drain.
- Combine drained beans, ketchup, mustard, water and barbecue sauce in a crockpot on high.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and sauté diced onions and minced garlic with butter until the onions become translucent.
- Stir the sautéd mixture, Worcestershire sauce and pulled pork into the beans. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours.