ACTIVE TIME: 30 MIN. I COOK TIME: 30 MIN. I SERVES: 2
- 5 – 6 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 stick + 1 tablespoon of salted butter
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 cup smoked pulled pork
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon of dried chives
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the diced potatoes. Cook until tender.
- Drain potatoes, saving 2 cups of potato water.
- Add potatoes, one stick of butter and kosher salt to a large bowl. Using a hand mixer, mix until smooth – adding the leftover potato water gradually until desired consistency is reached. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add one tablespoon of butter and sweet corn. Sauté until the kernels begin to turn golden brown before adding pulled pork. Sprinkle shredded cheese and dried chives on top and cook until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Assemble bowls with a base of creamy mashed potatoes and top with the cheesy pork and corn mixture. Serve immediately.
One thought on “Creamy Mashed Yukon Bowls with Smoked Pulled Pork”