ACTIVE TIME: 15 MIN. I TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN. I MAKES: 16 OZ.
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1 cup chicken stock or broth
- 1 cup cold almond milk (or any other type)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- A pinch of kosher salt and black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, add the butter and garlic. Bring to medium-low heat and sauté until the garlic becomes fragrant. Add the chicken broth, dried onion, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, create a slurry with the cornstarch and almond milk.
- Bring the broth to a boil before slowly adding the cornstarch slurry; whisking the mixture continuously to prevent clumping.
- Remove from heat as the liquid begins to thicken.
- Store in an airtight jar or use immediately.
2 thoughts on “Easy Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup”