ACTIVE TIME: 15 MIN. I COOK TIME: 3 HR. I SERVES: 5
Smoked Pork Tenderloins
- ~ 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- Bear Mountain Gourmet BBQ wood pellets
Blackberry Hoisin Sauce
- 1/2 cup blackberry syrup
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
For the pork:
- Preheat smoker to 225°.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and spices.
- Coat the pork tenderloins with the ground mustard and then thoroughly coat with the spice blend.
- Place the meat on the smoker and smoke for 90 minutes at 250° or until the internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Finish the pork by searing on a hot grill or skillet for 5 minutes on each side. Let rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
For the sauce:
- Mix olive oil, garlic, blackberry sauce, hoisin and red wine vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer.
- Separately combine cold water and cornstarch and add the slurry to the sauce.
- Once it begins to thicken, remove the sauce from heat and serve over pork.