ACTIVE TIME: 15 MIN. I TOTAL TIME: 1 HR. I SERVES: 6
- 3 lbs of little potatoes, I prefer this Dynamic Duo of the red and yellow varieties
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 garlic cloves, roughly minced
- 1 stick or 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, torn or chopped
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Add potatoes and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- While the potatoes are baking, melt butter in a small saucepan. Mix in garlic, lemon juice and Italian seasoning. Keep warm until ready to use.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and using a masher or fork, gently smash each little potato.
- Evenly pour the garlic butter onto the smashed potatoes and top with 2 tablespoons of basil and a sprinkle of kosher salt.
- Put the potatoes back in the oven and increase the temperature to 400°. Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Finish with the remaining basil before serving.