ACTIVE TIME: 10 MIN. I TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN. I SERVES: 4
- ~ 1 lbs. Chicken tenderloins, cut into skewer-sized pieces
- 1 heaping tablespoon of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon mirin (rice vinegar)
- 1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1 pineapple sliced into bite-sized bits
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Stainless steel skewers – they are the best!
- Marinate the chicken in all of the ingredients except the pineapple – save that for the skewers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 350°.*
- While the grill is preheating, assemble the skewers by alternating two or three pieces of pineapple to one piece of chicken. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes to finish.
- Place the skewers on the grill for 6-8 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Serve over rice. We like a coconut lime version.
*If baking, preheat oven to 375° and bake for 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°.