ACTIVE TIME: 15 MIN. I TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN. I SERVES: 1
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 avocado
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cotija
- Pickled sweet hot peppers – Mama Lil’s are the best!
- Chili-lime roasted pepitas – this is the perfect recipe from Minimalist Baker.
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- Toast both slices of bread.
- In a small bowl, smash the avocado with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Plate the toast and spread the smashed avocado on each half. Add a layer of cotija cheese on top of the avocado layer.
- Place a healthy topping of pickled sweet hot peppers on the cotija and finish with a handful of chili-lime pepitas.