ACTIVE TIME: 15 MIN. I TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN. I SERVES: 6 – 8
- 1.32 pound round of Kirkland Imported French Brie (Costco)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup quartered strawberries
- 2 tablespoons wildflower honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Basil
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Start by adding the quartered strawberries, honey and lemon juice to a small saucepan over medium heat. Allow the honey and strawberries to simmer before turning to the heat to low and cooking the fruit down.
- Next prepare a small cast iron skillet or oven safe baking dish with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Score the top of the Brie round and place it in the oiled skillet or dish.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until the brie begins to slightly bubble.
- When the brie is ready, mix the basil into the cooked down strawberries. Pour the strawberry basil sauce onto the brie.
- Finish with a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette and a pinch of kosher salt.
- Serve with slices of toasted gluten-free baguette.