ACTIVE TIME: 5 MIN. I TOTAL TIME: 3 HRS. I MAKES: ~ 48 OZ.
- 3 pound bag of peeled garlic
- 2 liter bottle of Kirkland Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 250°.
- Add the garlic cloves to a large dutch oven or oven-safe, deep baking dish with a lid. Liberally cover the garlic with the olive oil, there should be 2-3 inches of oil on top. If you want to have a reserve of garlic infused olive oil, use the entire bottle.
- Cover with a lid and place in the oven to roast for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, stirring every 30 minutes or so. It is important that the oil does not boil and only simmers, do not increase the temperature.
- When the garlic confit is done, it will be soft enough to spread with a butter knife. Allow to cool before storing the garlic confit with oil in a sealed jar for up to one month.
2 thoughts on “Costco Garlic Confit”
LikeLiked by 1 person