ACTIVE TIME: 15 MIN. I TOTAL TIME: 1 HR. I SERVES: 4
- 2 lbs. of yukon gold or yellow potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup salted butter, cut into tabs
- 2 teaspoons of old bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons flaky kosher salt + more for boiling
- A dash or two of cayenne pepper, to taste
- Start by placing the potatoes in a large pot and fill with water. Add a dash of kosher salt. Bring to a boil and allow potatoes to become tender. Drain them when they done.
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Drizzle the baking sheet with the 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season the oil with about 1 teaspoon each of salt, black pepper and old bay seasoning.
- Place the potatoes on top of the seasoned oil and carefully smash each one. Top with the garlic cloves.
- Season the smashed potatoes with a dash of cayenne pepper and the remaining salt, pepper and old bay seasoning.
- Lastly, place the tabs of butter on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 30 – 45 minutes or until the potatoes skins become crispy and the bottoms are golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite main course or add some eggs for a hearty breakfast.