ACTIVE TIME: 45 MIN. I TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN. I MAKES: 24 OZ.
- ~ 2 lbs fresh peaches
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- A pinch of kosher salt
- In a large pot combine butter, peaches, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt and lemon juice. Stirring often, bring the mixture to a simmer before turning the heat to low and allowing to cook for an additional 30 minutes or until the peaches are tender.
- Remove the peach sauce from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the sauce to a 24 ounce mason jar and allow to fully cool before storing or using. Serve on top of ice cream or in your next peach cobbler.