ACTIVE TIME: 30 MIN. I TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN. I SERVES: 6
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of garlic
- 5 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt & pepper
- 2 cups turkey drippings/broth (substitute with chicken broth if needed)
- 4 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 cup leftover turkey
- ~ 4 cups of homestyle egg noodles
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add diced onion, celery, carrots and garlic. Sauté for 10-15 minutes or until the onions become translucent.
- Deglaze the sautéed mixture by pouring the drippings/broth into the pot. Add the leftover turkey and season with all of the spices, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil before tossing in the egg noodles and bay leaves. Cover and turn the heat down to simmer for about 10 minutes or until the noodles are Al dente.
- Serve with your favorite table crackers. Store leftovers for up to three days.