ACTIVE TIME: 30 MIN. I TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN. I SERVES: 3 – 4
- 1 cup of leftover shredded birria meat – I swear by this birria recipe by Coop Can Cook.
- ~ 2 cups of leftover birria broth
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup of finely diced white onions
- Tortilla chips
- Sliced avocado
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Flaky kosher salt
- Heat a large skillet on medium high and add the birria broth. Bring the broth to a simmer before filling the skillet with tortilla chips. Carefully toss the chips in the broth, allowing the majority to be coated. Once tossed, top with a few more chips if needed.
- Turn the heat to medium low.
- Top the chips with the birria meat and then the shredded cheese.
- Crack each egg on top of it all, using a fork to guide the egg whites to cover more of the mixture. If you break a yolk, it’ll be just as good.
- Finish by topping with the diced onions and cilantro.
- Cover and allow eggs to steam until desired doneness is reached.
- Serve immediately with more cilantro and sliced avocado.
One thought on “Birria Chilaquiles”