ACTIVE TIME: 1 HR. I TOTAL TIME: 1 HR. I SERVES: 6
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4-6 cloves garlic
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 2 cups of curly kale (or spinach)
- 3 – 4 cups quartered Yukon gold potatoes
- 6 slices of chopped bacon
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 8 oz. heavy whipping cream
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2-3 bay leaves
- Salt & Pepper
- Chopped bacon
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
- Start with adding the oil to the pot over medium heat. I used my Dutch oven but any pot will do.
- Add the Italian sausage and chopped bacon.
- When the sausage begins to brown; add the onions, garlic and celery and sauté for about 5 minutes or until the onions become translucent. Season with Italian seasoning, granulated onion and garlic.
- Next add the quartered potatoes and pour the broth into the pot. Toss in the bay leaves and 1/4 cup of the chopped Basil.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Finish the soup by mixing in the rest of the chopped Basil, heavy cream, shaved Parmesan and kale.
- Remove bay leaves before serving immediately with more freshly shaved Parmesan. Store leftovers for up to three days.