ACTIVE TIME: 2 HR. I TOTAL TIME: 2 HR. I SERVES: 8-10
- 16 oz. ground pork sausage
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 whole jalapeño peppers
- 2 tablespoons finely diced jalapeño peppers
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- A pinch of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 oz Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan
- Bear Mountain Gourmet BBQ wood pellets
- Preheat smoker to 225°.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Start by browning the ground sausage in a large cast iron skillet. Add the diced onions, garlic and 2 tablespoons of diced jalapeños. Stirring often, sauté until the onions begin to caramelize.
- Season the sausage mixture with sage, parsley, dried dill, salt and pepper.
- Mix in the Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the cubed Velveeta cheese, cream cheese and sour cream to the skillet. Briefly stir the mixture, only just combining – the cheese will melt while smoked.
- Place the skillet on the bottom rack of the smoker. Set a timer for 30 minutes.
- Place the whole jalapeño peppers on a baking sheet, splash with oil and place into the oven to roast for 15-20 minutes.
- After the first 30 minutes, carefully stir the dip and top with the roasted jalapeños and a handful of shaved Parmesan cheese. Allow to smoke for an additional 30 minutes.
- Finish the hissy fit dip in the oven by baking for 20-30 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbly.