ACTIVE TIME: 30 MIN. I COOK TIME: 30 MIN. I SERVES: 4
- 1 cup blackberries
- ~ 2 lbs chicken tenderloins, cubed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper
- Start by heating olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add cubed chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- While chicken is cooking, mix together the sauces, brown sugar, vinegar and garlic in a small bowl.
- When the chicken begins to brown, about 15 minutes, add the sauce. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- In the same small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water to create a slurry. Add the slurry and 1/2 cup of blackberries to the skillet and turn the heat to low. Stir carefully to throughly coat the chicken in the thickening sauce.
- Once sauce is thickened, add the remaining 1/2 cup of blackberries and the fresh basil. Gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately on its own or over jasmine rice.