ACTIVE TIME: 1 HR. I TOTAL TIME: 1 HR. I MAKES: 12 OZ.
- ~ 3 cups of Kadota figs, quartered
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large pot and bring to a simmer.
- Turn the heat to low and cook figs in the spiced sugar water until the water begins to evaporate and the mixture thickens. This will take 45 minutes or so, remember to stir often to avoid burning the sugar or figs.
- When thickened, remove from heat. Using a hand masher or fork, mash the mixture into a jam-like consistency.
- Put the jam into a 12 ounce jar and let cool completely before storing and/or serving.