ACTIVE TIME: 5 MIN. I TOTAL TIME: 6-8 HR. I SERVES: 6
- 2 lbs. pork carnitas
- 2 small sweet onions, sliced
- 10-12 cloves of garlic
- 1 dried Chile de Arbol, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 bay leaves
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Optional: 1/3 cup diced pickled jalapeños (lessen or omit if you don’t want the spice)
- Mix the chili powder, paprika, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the pork carnitas and coat evenly. Set aside.
- In the crockpot; add the diced jalapeños, sliced onions, chiles, garlic cloves and oil. Place the seasoned meat on top and toss in the bay leaves.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours.
- Shred pork with two forks and stir in the cinnamon.
- Turn to low and cook for an additional hour before serving with your favorite tortillas or on a big salad.
2 thoughts on “Crockpot Carnitas”