What I read this month:
- Wrong Alibi ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ My first Christina Dodd novel and certainly not my last. A framed woman turned escaped convict, this thriller is not what you will expect.
- The Wives ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ READ THIS. Three wives, one husband. What is actually going on with these women and is the husband who he says he is?
- You Got Anything Stronger? ⭐️⭐️⭐️ I love Gabrielle Union but I liked We’re Going to Need More Wine more. That is all.
- A Good Marriage ⭐️⭐️⭐️ Weird plot but once I figured out what was happening, I couldn’t stop listening.
- This Is Your Mind on Plants ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I was so looking forward to this book! A fun, storytelling style nonfiction read that explains how your brain reacts to opium, peyote and caffeine.
- The Making of Us ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Oh how I love Lisa Jewell, she can honestly do no wrong. This was a little less sinister than her recent work but captivating all the same.
- Influencer ⭐️⭐️⭐️ Influence or manipulate? That seems to be the question. I thoroughly enjoyed the premise behind this “new science of thinking” but like most leadership materials, it felt repetitive and at times, unrealistic.