ACTIVE TIME: 20 MIN. I TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN. I SERVES: 4
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 25 oz. can of hominy, drained
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeños
- 1 can diced green chiles
- 1 sweet pepper diced
- 6 tomatillos, quartered
- 1 medium white onion, finely diced
- 6-8 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon:
- Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon:
- Granulated garlic
- Onion powder
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- Cotija cheese
- 2-3 thinly sliced radishes
- Sliced avocado
- Tortilla chips
- First marinate the chicken by mixing 2 tablespoons of olive oil and all of the seasonings in a large bowl. Thoroughly coat each piece, cover and allow to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 400°.
- Cook marinated chicken for 8-10 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165°. When done, let rest before thinly slicing.
- While the chicken is cooking, sauté the diced onions and garlic with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil until the mixture begins to caramelize.
- Add the quartered tomatillos, diced peppers and green chiles. Sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes before pouring in the chicken stock, lime juice and drained hominy. Toss in the bay leaves and half of the chopped cilantro.
- Add the sliced grilled chicken and bring to a simmer and allow to cook for 20-30 minutes. Remove bay leaves before dishing.
- Serve with sliced radishes, crumbled cotija cheese, more cilantro and avocado. Tortilla chips for dipping are a must.