ACTIVE TIME: 10 MIN. I TOTAL TIME: 90 MIN. I SERVES: 4
- 6 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 25.5 oz. jar of tomato or pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 egg
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 cups finely shredded Italian cheese
- 8 slices of fresh mozzarella
- No-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 can of sliced black olives
- 1 cup of sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 – 1 cup of marinated, quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil, chopped
- A few sprigs of fresh oregano
- Flaky kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- First sauté mushrooms with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and chopped garlic until the edges begin to crisp. I highly suggest this step to avoid a soggy lasagna.
- Next make the ricotta filling. Mix ricotta cheese, 1 cup of Italian cheese blend, Italian seasoning and the egg in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Using the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, oil a 9×13 baking and add a thin bottom layer of tomato sauce. Next add the lasagna noodles and ricotta mixture, topping with another layer of sauce before repeating 2-3 times.
- After the final layer of sauce, add the artichokes, olives and sautéed mushrooms. Sprinkle on the remaining cup of Italian cheese before baking for 50 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
- Top with fresh basil and oregano before serving.