ACTIVE TIME: 10 MIN. I TOTAL TIME: 1 HR. 30 MIN. I SERVES: 4
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 4 croissants sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon orange peel zest
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cinnamon stick
- A pinch of kosher salt
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Lightly coat a 9×13 baking dish with the room temperature butter.
- Layer the sliced croissants in the dish and set aside.
- Combine the eggs, whipping cream, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, orange zest and kosher salt in a bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Carefully pour the batter on top of the layered croissants, taking the time to soak each slice.
- Cover and allow to soak in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes, or overnight if possible.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375°.
- Uncover the dish and top the soaked French toast with white chocolate chips and fresh raspberries.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes before pouring the 1/2 cup of maple syrup on top. Place back into the oven and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until the middle is no longer jiggly.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.