ACTIVE TIME: 30 MIN. I TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN. I SERVES: 5-6
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded chicken (a rotisserie chicken works perfectly)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 4-5 oz gluten free egg noodles, I use about half a box
- Salt & pepper
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add diced onion, celery, carrots and minced garlic. Sauté for 10-15 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Deglaze the sautéed mixture by pouring the broth into the pot. Add the shredded chicken and season with all of the spices, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil before tossing in the egg noodles and bay leaves. Cover and turn the heat down to simmer for about 10 minutes or until the noodles are Al dente.
- Serve with your favorite table crackers. Store leftovers for up to three days.