ACTIVE TIME: 5 MIN. I TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN. I SERVES: 6
- 2 – 3 garden zucchinis (depending on how large they are)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 1 cup prepared pizza or tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni slices
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Kosher salt
- Start by slicing the zucchini into 1/4 inch thick rounds and place in an even layer on two baking sheets. Sprinkle with salt and allow to sit for 20 minutes – this will draw out some of the moisture. Pat zucchini dry with paper towels after the time is up.
- Preheat air fryer to 400° or oven to 425°. I love using my air fryer oven for recipes like these.
- In a small bowl, mix butter/olive oil with the granulated onion and garlic. Lightly coat the bottom of each zucchini with the seasoned oil mixture.
- Assemble the pizzas starting with a light spread of tomato sauce. Add a layer of shredded mozzarella and top with chopped pepperoni slices. Sprinkle each pizza with Italian seasoning before placing in the air-fryer or oven.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Finish with freshly chopped basil and serve.