ACTIVE TIME: 20 MIN. I TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN. I MAKES: 6 TACOS
- Leftover chopped brisket
- 6 Eggs
- Pickled red onions
- Sliced lime
- Cotija cheese
- 12 Corn tortillas
- Canola or vegetable oil
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Cilantro Lime Taqueria Street Sauce
- Preheat a griddle to 300°. Drizzle roughly 2 tablespoons of oil on the heated surface and “fry” the corn tortillas in batches by coating in oil and cooking until slightly golden brown.
- When all of the tortillas are done, turn the griddle to low and stack tortillas in two’s. Making six tacos in total.
- Add cotija cheese, chopped brisket and pickled onions; allowing the cheese to melt and brisket to reheat.
- While the cheese is melting, heat a skillet over medium-high and begin frying the eggs. I make mine over medium, with a bit of runny yolk in the middle. Top the cooked eggs with a dash of salt, paprika and crushed red chili flakes.
- Place a fried egg on top of each taco and serve immediately with sliced lime, avocado and cilantro lime street sauce.