ACTIVE TIME: 10 MIN. I TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN. I SERVES: 2
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4-6 cloves of roughly minced garlic, depending on taste
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 can of quartered artichokes, drained and patted dry
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped kale (you could substitute spinach)
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried dill
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoon fresh juice (half a lemon works perfectly)
- Pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over
medium-high. Add garlic and leeks, season with salt and pepper, and cook,
stirring often, until the leeks begin to become translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in drained artichokes. Allow to cook 3 to 4 minutes longer or until the mixture begins to caramelize. Transfer to a plate or bowl and set aside.
- Return skillet to medium heat, adding 1 tablespoon oil. Add eggs and roughly scramble, seasoning with salt and pepper. When the eggs are nearly done, mix in the chopped kale, lemon and the artichoke mixture.
- Serve with more dill and crushed red pepper flakes.