ACTIVE TIME: 45 MIN. I TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN. I SERVES: 3 – 4
- 1 package of chorizo sausage
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ~ 1 1/2 cups of salsa verde
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 2-3 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup of finely diced shallots
- Tortilla chips (I prefer homemade)
- Flaky kosher salt
- Crumbled cotija cheese, for serving
- Optional – Chili oil, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Heat a large skillet on medium and add the chorizo. Stirring frequently, add the minced garlic when the chorizo begins to darken.
- When the chorizo is cooked, add the salsa verde sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Carefully toss the chips in the sauce, allowing the majority to be coated. Once tossed, top with a few more chips if needed.
- Top the chips with the shredded cheese.
- Crack each egg on top of it all, using a fork to guide the egg whites to cover more of the mixture. If you break a yolk, it’ll be just as good.
- Place the skillet into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the yolk is cooked to your liking.
- Finish by topping with the diced shallots, kosher salt and cilantro.
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of chili oil.