ACTIVE TIME: 20 MIN. I TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN. I MAKES: 12-15 TREATS
- 3/4 cup salted butter
- 10 ounce bag of regular marshmallows
- 16 ounce bag of mini marshmallows
- 1 box crispy rice cereal
- 3/4 cup of crushed freeze dried strawberries
- 3 tablespoons of freeze dried strawberries powder (I used a small coffee grinder)
- Start by preparing a 9×13 baking pan with a parchment paper sling or a lot of butter.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium high heat. Save those butter wrappers to use later.
- Once the butter begins to melt, keep watching until it bubbles. Using a wooden spoon, stir until the butter begins to brown and smell deliciously nutty. Be careful, it can turn too brown very quickly.
- As soon as the butter is a golden brown, remove from the heat and add in the large marshmallows. Stir the butter and marshmallows together until they melt completely. You can return the pot to low heat if needed.
- When melted, mix in the strawberry powder. The marshmallow should turn slightly pink.
- When satisfied with the color, throughly stir in the bag of small marshmallows and the crispy rice cereal. Remove from heat if you haven’t already done so – you’ll want chunks of unmelted marshmallow.
- Add more or less crispy rice cereal to your liking.
- Dump the rice krispie mix into the parchment lined pan and using the butter wrappers gently spread the mixture to the sides of the pan and in an even layer.
- Finish with the 3/4 cup of crushed strawberries.
- Allow to cool for 25 minutes or until solid. Remove from the pan, cut and enjoy.