ACTIVE TIME: 20 MIN. I TOTAL TIME: 1 HR. I SERVES: 8-10
- 24 oz white queso
- Pork chorizo
- Poblano pepper
- Cotija for serving
- Bear Mountain Gourmet BBQ wood pellets
- Preheat smoker to 225°.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Start by placing the poblano pepper on a baking sheet, splash with oil and place into the oven to roast for 15-20 minutes.
- While the pepper is roasting, cook the chorizo in a cast iron skillet. When done, remove half of the meat and side aside in a small bowl.
- Add the queso to the cast iron skillet and place the skillet on the top rack of the smoker. Don’t worry about mixing in the chorizo, this can be done when the cheese warms. Set a timer for 10 minutes.
- While the queso is in the smoker, carefully cut the roasted poblano in half and deseed.
- After the 10 minutes, stir the queso gently and top with the remaining chorizo and roasted poblano. Allow to smoke for an additional 20 minutes.
- Broil the queso on high for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Finish with a pinch of crumbled cotija.