ACTIVE TIME: 10 MIN. I TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN. I SERVES: 4
- 1 head of garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning
- 1 pound of prepared pizza dough, I use Bob’s Red Mill
- 1/2 cup of Garlic Parmesan Alfredo sauce, homemade or store-bought
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Pickled jalapeños, sliced
- 1/2 cup of cubed pineapple
- Uncured Pepperoni
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 cups of finely shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Roast garlic first by cutting the tip of the head and covering in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Place in the cake pan and roast for 15-20 minutes or until the garlic becomes golden. When done, carefully remove roasted cloves and set aside.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil in a 9×13 cake pan. Mix in 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning into the prepared pizza dough and place in the pan. By gently pressing, stretch the dough to all four sides. Use a fork to prick the crust for airflow.
- Spread Alfredo sauce to the edges of the crust and top with a layer of pepperoni. Next add the sliced mozzarella, roasted garlic, jalapeños and pineapple. Top with sliced red onion and a layer of finely shredded Italian cheese blend.
- Turn the oven up to 425°. Place pizza on the bottom rack of the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Add fresh basil before removing from the pan. Slice and serve.