ACTIVE TIME: 10 MIN. I COOK TIME: 40 MIN. I SERVES: 2
- 6-8 ounces of tri-tip steak
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher flaky salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 50/50 Spring and Spinach salad mix
- Balsamic vinegar
- Gorgonzola Butter Sauce
- Marinate steaks in spices and Worcestershire sauce and let them come to room temperature at least 20 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat smoker to 220° and grill to 350°. If you only have access to a grill, skip the following smoking instructions and the steaks will be just as good.
- Smoke marinated steaks for 10 minutes on each side.
- While the meat is smoking, prepare the asparagus by removing the ends and coating in olive oil. Sprinkle with kosher salt and cayenne pepper.
- Move the steaks and the asparagus to the preheated grill and cook for an additional 6-8 minutes on each side, depending on desired internal temperate. Remove the asparagus and set aside. Let the meat rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- While the meat is resting, assemble the salad by starting with a base of the 50/50 mix. Add the strawberries, grilled asparagus, sliced tri-tip and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Top with Gorgonzola Butter Sauce or simply crumbled Gorgonzola cheese and olive oil.
- Serve immediately.