ACTIVE TIME: 10 MIN. I TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN. I SERVES: 2
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4-6 cloves of roughly minced garlic, depending on taste
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 oz creamy goat cheese, roughly crumbled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped kale (you could substitute spinach)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley and dill
- 2 tablespoon fresh juice (half a lemon works perfectly)
- Pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over
medium-high. Add mushrooms and cook until the edges begin to crisp. Mix in the garlic, season with salt and pepper. Cook,
stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes longer or until the mixture begins to caramelize.
- Evenly spread the mushrooms in the pan, top with chopped kale, goat cheese and a drizzle of oil. Crack two eggs onto the bed of kale and mushrooms and season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Add a layer of fresh dill, parsley and a squeeze of lemon on top, turn the heat to medium-low and cover. Cook until eggs are poached to your liking.