ACTIVE TIME: 15 MIN. I TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN. I SERVES: 2
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4-6 cremini mushrooms, depending on size
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced (half an onion)
- 4-6 cloves of roughly minced garlic, depending on taste
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped kale or spinach
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley and dill
- 2-3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (about a handful)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoon fresh juice (half a lemon works perfectly)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over
medium-high. Add mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook,
stirring often, until the edges begin to crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in diced onions, garlic and another splash of oil. Allow to cook 3 to 4 minutes longer or until the mixture begins to caramelize. Transfer to a plate or bowl and set aside.
- Return skillet to medium heat, adding 1 tablespoon oil. Add two eggs and roughly scramble; season with salt, pepper and paprika –
about 4 minutes. Mix in the chopped kale, lemon zest and juice,
cheese, herbs and mushroom mixture.
- Serve with more fresh herbs and crushed red pepper flakes.