ACTIVE TIME: 10 MIN. I TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN. I SERVES: 4
- 1 pound of prepared pizza dough, I use Bob’s Red Mill
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons pesto, I use this truffle pesto recipe
- 1/2 cup of thinly sliced small yellow creamer potatoes, I used a potato peeler to get paper thin slices
- 1 package of breakfast sausage
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 3 slices of fresh mozzarella, torn into shreds
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cook the breakfast sausage first in skillet over medium heat with the 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, until the meat begins to turn a golden brown. Set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil in a 9×13 cake pan. Place the prepared pizza dough in the pan and by gently pressing, stretch the dough to all four sides. Use a fork to prick the crust for airflow.
- Spread the pesto onto the prepared dough in an evenly.
- Add 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese before placing a layer of thinly sliced potatoes on top. Sprinkle the potatoes with a pinch of kosher salt.
- Next add the fresh mozzarella and another 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- Top with the browned breakfast sausage. Finish with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella and the Italian seasoning.
- Place on the bottom rack of the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheeses are golden and bubbly.
- Add a drizzle of hot honey if desired. Slice and serve.