What I read last month:
- Bone Deep: Untangling the Betsy Faria Murder Case ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Imagine a woman found dead under suspicious circumstances days after changing the beneficiary on her life insurance policy. The new beneficiary would be questioned in relation to a clear motive, right? Wrong. The Faria case is a true miscarriage of justice. Please read this book and if possible, refrain from watching the crime drama account on Peacock. It is a disgusting mockery of the crime that took place and the injustice the Faria family has endured.
- Sex Cult Nun: Breaking Away from the Children of God, a Wild, Radical Religious Cult ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I really have no words for the horrifying details of the child abuse and indoctrination young members of the Children of God suffered. Read at your own risk.
- Things We Do in the Dark ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ As far as I’m concerned, Jennifer Hillier is one of THE BEST thriller writers. I have been hooked on her writing since the debut novel, Creep, and am continuously amazed with her intricate plots and characters. Highly recommend.
- Survive the Night ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Riley Sager does it again. I enjoyed this ode to classic horror films and the “edge of my seat” feeling this book gave me. If you’re looking for a book to cozy up and read in one sitting this fall, Survive the Night is a good one to pick.
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This came highly recommended from my bff and it did not disappoint. I learned so much about myself and other introverts, not to mention more than I could have ever expected about how they interact with extroverts. I can’t recommend this enough.
- The Passenger DNF – This one just didn’t do it for me. I loved the premise but I got tired of waiting for it to get to the point. Maybe I’ll pick it up again but I doubt it.