Inspired by Half Baked Harvest’s Detroit Style Pizza
ACTIVE TIME: 10 MIN. I TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN. I SERVES: 4
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil, chopped + a handful of leaves for serving
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound of prepared pizza dough, I use Bob’s Red Mill
- Pizza sauce, homemade or store-bought
- Peperoncinis, sliced
- Pepperoni slices
- Block mozzarella cheese, cubed
- Provolone cheese, cubed
- Sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- Parmesan, grated
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Drizzle olive oil in a 9×13 cake pan. Place the prepared pizza dough in the pan and by gently pressing, stretch the dough to all four sides. Use a fork to prick the crust for airflow.
- In a small bowl, combine chopped garlic, basil, oregano and a dash of red pepper flakes. Sprinkle half of the mixture on the crust.
- Add sliced peperoncinis and top with pizza sauce, spreading to the edges of the crust. Place a layer of pepperoni slices on the sauce. Next add the cubed cheeses, doing your best to alternate the cheddar, provolone and mozzarella. Top with another layer of pepperoni, freshly grated Parmesan and the rest of the garlic and herbs.
- Place on the bottom rack of the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheeses are golden and bubbly.
- Add fresh basil leaves and crushed red pepper flakes before removing from the pan. Slice and serve.