- 1 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cup GF flour, I use this gluten free blend
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray donut pan with nonstick spray or wipe with vegetable oil.
- Combine sugar, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg to a large bowl.
- Add the egg, almond milk, apple cider, vanilla extract and vegetable oil and mix until lumps disappear and batter is smooth, careful not to overmix.
- Fill each spot in the donut pan 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- While the donuts are in oven, prepare the cinnamon and sugar mixture and set up cooling racks.
- When the edges are a light golden brown, pull the donuts from the oven and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Remove the donuts from the pan while still warm and dip into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Set on cooling rack to fully cool.
- I keep mine in an airtight container or baggy for up to 3 days. They are perfect with coffee.