9 True Crime books I highly recommend:
- I’ll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman’s Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer by Michelle McNamara – A masterpiece of true crime and truly inspirational for crime junkies everywhere.
- Green River, Running Red: The Real Story of the Green River Killer – America’s Deadliest Serial Murderer by Ann Rule – One of my favorites from the queen herself, based in the PNW.
- Unmasked: My Life Solving America’s Cold Cases by Paul Holes – Who doesn’t love solving cold cases?
- Death’s Acre: Inside the Legendary Forensic Lab the Body Farm Where the Dead Do Tell Tales by William M. Bass & Jon Jefferson – If you’re a forensic or lab nerd, please read this. The body farm is KILLER and I can only hope my body is donated to science one day.
- The I-5 Killer by Ann Rule – Did you see the author? Need I say more? Also based in the PNW, it is almost too close to home.
- Bone Deep: Untangling the Betsy Faria Murder Case by Charles Bosworth Jr. & Joel J. Schwartz – Read this and you’ll catch yourself saying, “What the fuck?” over and over again. But really, WTF.
- Sex Cult Nun: Breaking Away from the Children of God, a Wild, Radical Religious Cult by Faith Jones – This may be triggering and is without a doubt demented, prepare yourself.
- On The Farm: Robert William Pickton and the Tragic Story of Vancouver’s Missing Women by Stevie Cameron – Tragic doesn’t begin to describe the story of Vancouver’s missing women. This one is heavy, literally and figuratively.
- Don’t Call it a Cult: The Shocking Story of Keith Raniere and the Women of Nxivm by Sarah Berman – Why are cults so fascinating and disturbing? The Women of Nxivm, pronounced nek-see-uhm, is both and so much more… MLM lovers beware.