What I read this month:
- On the Farm ❔ This one is HEAVY. Both literally and figuratively. I couldn’t finish it in April but will pick it back up in May.
- White Fragility ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ A necessary reread, I highly recommend both the book and audio. If you have not heard the bird cage analogy for racial oppression, google it and then buy DiAngelo’s book.
- Unbound ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This book blew my mind. Tarana Burke’s incredible dedication to the Me Too movement dates back to the early 2000’s, long before #metoo in 2017. The root of the movement is child molestation and sexual abuse. Read this book.
- All the Missing Girls ⭐️⭐️⭐️ Not quite what I was expecting but I enjoyed the audio.
- Perfect Little Children ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ What a wild ride this was.
- Girl A ⭐️⭐️ Meh. I was so excited for this one, but it fell flat. There was a lot more that could have been done with the storyline in my opinion.
- Girls Like Us ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I love a good mystery when someone goes back to their hometown and settle an estate.
- In My Dreams I Hold a Knife ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ SO MUCH HYPE FOR THIS ONE. I was not disappointed.
- An Anonymous Girl ⭐️⭐️⭐️ Talk about twisted. Psychological experiments reel me in, this was an easy read.